16 September 2011

Cover Lust

This week I'll be putting up some photos of Book covers I love, and their synopsis. Before buying a book, I would always hunt for a cover that looks amazing, because you know that the author at least put in an effort to have a nice, enticing cover.

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

NOSOUL
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.

This cover first caught my eye as I was perusing through the list of 2012 Debut Authors. The mask was absolutely lovely. Plus the colours! Such iridescence cannot be ignored. Oh, and what a lovely title! The plot! I'll definitely be looking out for this book next year.

This book will be released: 31 January 2012


52 Reasons To Hate My Father by Jessica Brody


What's a girl gotta do to earn her dad's trust (fund)?

A spoiled teen heiress, famous for her partygirl antics and tabloid headlines, is forced by her ever-absent mogul father to take on a different low-wage job every week for a year, if she wants any hope of receiving her trust fund.





I would buy the book for the cover alone. It fits the blurb so well. When I look at it, I immediately think: Rebel Party-girl Heiress. If I can get that from just the cover, I might just explode if I read the book. Look at her! She's got the attitude, and the looks of one. The "Eat Tasty" Hat thingum is so amusing. The wide wide wide contrasts: the weird hat plus the posh clothes. Wow. I will definitely be looking out for this book next year.

This book will be released: 2012 (TBC)


Skulduggery Pleasant: Death Bringer by Derek Landy


The sixth instalment in the historic, hysterical and horrific Skulduggery Pleasant series.
Think you've seen anything yet? You haven't. Because the Death Bringer is about to rise!
The Necromancers no longer need Valkyrie to be their Death Bringer, and that's a Good Thing. There's just one catch. There's a reason the Necromancers don't need her any more. And that's because they've found their Death Bringer already, the person who will dissolve the doors between life and death. And that's a very, very Bad Thing!

Currently I am spazzing out over the cover of this alone. LOOK AT IT. HOW CAN YOU NOT WANT IT. I LOVE ACTION COVERS.
And the read! The fire! Valkyrie! Skulduggery! Plus the punch line is asdjfhuerhcjklkhs-ly awesome. KICKING EVIL VERY HARD IN THE FACE.
AHHHH. AHHHH. AHHH.
I. Must. Have. It. Now. HAHAHA I'm apologize for my Hardcore fangirl antics but IT'S SO BEA-U-TI-FOOL.
Okay. I shall calm down and be rational. Oh how I wish international packages were shipped in an instant.

Release date: 1st September 2012


Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Lauren Oliver captivated readers with Delirium, the first book in a thrilling dystopian trilogy in which Lena Haloway dared to fall in love with Alex and escape the cure, the government-mandated procedure that renders a person immune to the disease of love. Lena and Alex staked their lives on leaving their oppressive society, but only Lena broke free.

Pandemonium continues Lena’s gripping story. After escaping from Portland, Maine, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community, where she transforms herself into a warrior for the resistance. A future without Alex is unimaginable, but Lena pushes forward and fights, both for him and for a world in which love is no longer considered a disease. Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counter insurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again.

Full of danger, forbidden romance, and exquisite writing, Lauren Oliver’s sequel to Delirium races forward at a breathtaking pace and is sure to appeal to fans who crave the high-stakes action of The Hunger Games and the bittersweet love story of Romeo & Juliet.

Is that Lena on the cover? AHH I couldn't get enough of her from the last book! The previous book's cover was wonderful, sure, but this takes the cake, I tell you. You can already imagine Lena living in the Wilds, opposing the government and going all I am women, hear me roar -esque. After the heart wrenching ending of the previous book, the cover has only whetted my appetite for more.

This book is released: 6 March 2012


Now I know there are many lovely covers out there, however there is only so much space in a blogpost. Although, you may never know, maybe I'll cover some more books the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment